Welcome to the Mining and Mineral Industry of the Future 2014
Modern social structure and innovative business developments
Every year Georange together with Nordic Publishing invite decision-makers from parliamentary committees and government agencies, authorities, experts and other interested parties from the Nordic mining and mineral industry, as well as representatives from the financial sector, to focus on today’s industry – its possibilities and increased importance for developments in trade and industry. The seminar will be arranged in conjunction with the annual Västerbotten Weeks at the Grand Hôtel in Stockholm.
We thank all participants for this year and welcome you again next year.
Information about the meeting 26-28 januari 2015, is coming soon.
We will be focusing on the development and future prospects of the industry.
• The importance and role of the Barents Region.
• The labour market of the future.
• Follow-up of the new strategy for mineral extraction.
• Research, competence and technology development.
• Social structure and regional development.
• CSR in mining.
• Land use issues.
Programme for 2014 is now available.
Our invited speakers include:
Government representatives from Sweden, Norway and Finland, and the European Commission, as well as leading representatives from academia, politics and companies, all working in the mining and minerals industry. The Keynote Speakers will include Mattia Pellegrini, Head of Unit for Raw Materials, Metals and Minerals – DG Enterprise and Industry, European Commission, Karin Apelman, Director General EKN, Lena Söderberg, incoming Director General SGU, Phillip ”Jerry” Asp, Canadian Aboriginal Mining Association (CAMA), Lena Ek, Minister for the Environment, Kenneth Macartney, Ambassador to the Embassy of Canada to Sweden and Lars-Eric Aaro, CEO of LKAB
Read more about all the speakers here.
Why should I attend?
- Complete exposure to top decision-makers from mining operators, exploration companies, to member of parliaments.
- Unrivalled networking opportunities that allow you vital face-to-face interaction with your industry peers.
- Get hands-on-insight through key opinion leaders in the mining industry.
- Receive the very best business intelligence – we to ensure that you hear from only the thought-leaders and pioneers in mining and minerals industry.
- Top decisions makers from the recycling industry.
- Leading representatives, director generals among others, from relevant authorities.
- Representatives from the financial community.
- Researchers and representatives from the academic community.
- Politicians, MP:s and representatives from local distrikts and regions.
- International representatives from the EU-commission,
Were you here last time?
A selection of pictures from the last seminar on 28 January 2013 at the Grand Hôtel in Stockholm. Everything from speakers and exhibitors to the post-seminar mingle.
More pictures here.